Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review Requests & Policy


Requests

If you are an author and have a book that you would like for me to review, please send your request with information about your book (title, blurb, if it's part of a series or a standalone, genre, etc) to jackielizn@gmail.com. 
I prefer to read contemporary, NA, and YA romance books.  I also enjoy reading romantic suspense and cozy mysteries.  I do enjoy some fantasy books. I will not read erotica, paranormal, or historical books.  I will accept ebooks (mobi/Kindle) and paperbacks/hardcovers for review.  

If you have children's books available for review, I have two children who read elementary age chapter books, middle grade books, and young adult books.  If you are interested in having one of my children read and review your book, please note that I would prefer a physical copy in that case.  


Policy
Once I receive your request, I will look it over and let you know as soon as possible if I will be accepting your book for review.  Please note that if I am too busy or do not care for the genre, your request may be rejected.  

My review of your book will be posted here on the blog, Amazon, and Goodreads.  My blog post will include the book cover, synopsis, my review, as well as purchase links and Goodreads link.  I cannot guarantee a favorable review, but I will be honest and respectful.  

I rate on the following scale:
★ I absolutely LOVED this book.  I loved the main and secondary characters and the plot.  I wasn't able to put this book down.  I was able to connect with the characters.  This may very well go down as one of my top reads of the year.  This will be one of the first books that I recommend to someone.
★ I really enjoyed this book, but didn't *love* it.  There may have been a plot hole, grammar errors, or just a couple small things in the plot that didn't sit well with me.  I would still recommend this to a friend.
★ I liked this book.  There were probably plot holes or numerous grammar errors that distracted me from the story and lowered readability.  The characters may have been hard to connect with.  There were enough good qualities about this book that I might recommend it to a friend.
★ I did not like this book.  There were numerous plot holes and the grammar errors made it very difficult to read.  Characters were not able to be redeemed and I could not connect with them.  I would not recommend this book to a friend.
★ I hated this book.  There was probably nothing that I liked about it.  It may even be a DNF.  I would not recommend this book to a friend.

There may be instances where I use half star ratings.  I will do that when I feel that a book falls between two categories.  


Takeovers
If you would like to do an author takeover on my Facebook page or in my blog's Facebook group, contact me by email and I will get you scheduled. 

Thank you! I'm looking forward to working with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore