Tuesday, March 28, 2017

*Top 10 Tuesday* 10 authors I've met or would like to meet!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's theme is about meeting authors.  Here is my list of authors I would like to meet or have already met.  


Already met

1. Nicholas Sparks
Image may contain: 2 people
I met Nicholas Sparks in 2012.  He did a signing at my local library.  We live in a pretty small city compared to the cities he usually does signings in in North Carolina, like Charlotte, Raleigh, etc so the turn out was crazy!  I didn't get to interact with him very much though.  The line was so long and it took so long to get through it that he was actually running late for an event he had scheduled later on that night so his "team" was keeping interaction to a minimum.  He signed the book, took a picture, and then we had to move on.  I've been a huge fan of his books for a long time though so I was still so excited to have been able to meet him.  <3

2. Tim Myers
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, people standing and indoor
I met Tim Myers in either 2007 or 2008.  I don't remember when exactly.  He did a signing at our local Barnes & Noble store.  He is a cozy mystery author that lives right here in the same city as me!  I always thought that was really cool.  My mother-in-law (pictured next to me) is a fan also and is the one who introduced me to his books, so we went to the signing together.  My son is looking up at us like, "Uh, who is this guy?" LOL!  


Would like to meet one day

3. RC Boldt
RC Boldt approached me for a review at the end of 2015 and I have been hooked on her books ever since!  She is such a sweet person, not to mention hilarious, so I'm sure she'd be a blast to hang out with!  I'd love to meet her one day.  She's actually been at a couple signings I had planned on going to, but life had other plans and I had to miss out.  Grr!  I'll make it one of these days, haha.  

4. Jennifer L Allen
Jennifer is another author that was at a couple of the signings I was supposed to attend, but again, I ended up missing out.  I love her books so I'm anxious to get to meet her one day.  :D

5. Cambria Hebert
I've heard a lot of people talking about Cambria's Hashtag series and finally decided to read #Nerd last year.  I've been hooked ever since!  She will be at a signing close to me in August 2018 so I'm making plans to go to that one so I might get to meet her then.  :D

6. Adriana Locke
Bucket list author! <3  I've loved every book I've ever read of hers and they just keep getting better and better.  Maybe one day!  

7. Faith Andrews
Faith is one of the very first indie authors I discovered and I've been a fan ever since.  She's such a sweet and genuine person.  I'd love to get to meet her one day.  <3

8. Colleen Hoover
Oh my goodness, I've been a fan of Colleen's for a couple years now and am hooked on her books.  I'd just die if I got to meet her.  <3

9. Molly E. Lee
She is one of the newer authors I discovered last year but it feels like I have been a fan of hers forever!  Her books are amazing.  She's such a cool person.  I'd love to meet her one day.  

10. Rebecca Yarros
Another bucket list author!  She was at a signing I had tickets to last year but last minute I ended up not being able to go.  Hopefully I'll have another chance to meet her one of these days.  :D 


Have you met any of your favorite authors?  Who would you like the chance to meet one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore