Saturday, July 15, 2017

*Review* Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

25307607


Synopsis:
My life changed forever the night my husband died. 
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him. 
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope. 

My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.


My Review:
5 out of 5 stars
★★★★★

Wow!  What an emotional ride.  This book made me feel so many different emotions.  I felt sadness for the things that Julia and Ever went through.  My heart just broke for them both.  I can't even begin to imagine what, as a mother, it would feel like to go through something so scary and painful.  I rooted for Julia, Everleigh, and Crew throughout the book and am so happy with how things turned out.  

The last chapter had me on the edge of my seat.  Everything was written so realistically.  You feel like you are right there while everything is happening.  I couldn't flip the pages fast enough to find out how everything would turn out.  The first epilogue broke my heart and then the second one put it back together.  

I love so many things about this book, I just can't say enough about it.  


Book Links:


Author Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore