Friday, April 21, 2017

*Excerpt Reveal* Dane by Leddy Harper





Blurb




Dane Kauffman: Rich, smart, handsome, and selfless. He’s content with the direction of his life, until the moment he stares into her green eyes. 

Eden Clare: Determined, headstrong, and independent. Searching for a job, answers, and a purpose, she has no room for anything else. Until she glances in his direction. 

Crossing paths, tempting fate—Dane must make the ultimate decision. Sacrifice everything to get what he wants, or to continue to be benevolent.



Add it to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2ouWn5C



Excerpt




“I just don’t want you to regret this.”

"That's not going to happen."  With her shoulders pressed against the side of the pool, I leaned into her, relieved when she allowed me to close the gap between us. When my mouth met hers, she gave in and let me show her how I felt with lips. It wasn't hasty, but slow and soft. I needed her to know I wasn't rushing this. This kiss or this life. There was no need to, because I knew in my bones this was real. No matter what her fears told her, I'd been to hell and back and now had found my heaven. My Eden.

Her nails scratching the hairs on the back of my head sent a wave of ecstasy through me. I held her tighter ad parted her lips with my tongue. My hips rolled into her, my erection pressing against her with enough force to garner a moan. She tightened her legs and began to grind against me. Her body moved like a seductress on the prowl, eliminating all thought from my brain. I didn't care that we were in a pool, fully clothed, in plain sight for anyone peeking out their windows. The rain pelting my skin didn't faze me. All I could focus on was Eden and the things she did to me. 

To my body.

My heart.

My life.

"Take me upstairs," she murmured into my mouth. 

I nipped her pouty bottom lip and opened my eyes, needing to see her to believe this was all read. "Are you sure? I can let you go right now and we can cool off in the pool before heading up. We don't have to do this if you're not ready."

"I'm ready, Dane."

Her concerns about rushing things filtered into my thoughts. I couldn't risk her doubting anything about us, and if I had to wait before taking the next step with her, I would. I'd do anything to make sure this didn't end. However, the questions refused to surface. Between my brain and my mouth, the words vanished. Instead of slowing down to offer her time, to make sure this was what she truly desired and not merely what her body craved, I carried her to the steps. I set her down and grabbed her hand before dragging her out of the water behind me.  

The night air settled a chill over our wet skin, and without a towel to dry off with, we raced to the elevator right off the path from the pool and huddled together for warmth. I'm sure it didn't take that long for the empty cart to make it's way down, but it seemed like an eternity. The ride up dragged on - although I'm sure the silence filled with chattering teeth didn't help slow down time. Nor did the anticipation of getting inside her apartment.

We left behind a trail of water leading into her foyer, where it puddled beneath my feet as I stood with my heart in my throat. The second the door closed, Eden began to strip off her clothes, keeping her back to me. I couldn't move. I was mesmerized by the show in front of me. The way her body stretched as she pulled her top over her head, the ink on her skin fully coming into view. I was lost in the way her hips danced while she shimmied out of her shorts, leaving her in nothing but her bra and panties. With her wet hair to one side, she peered over her should and offered a confident smile.


About Leddy Harper





Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped. 

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.


She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a house full of females. 


The decision to publish her first book was made as a way of showing her children to go after whatever it is they want to. Love what you do and do it well. Most importantly Leddy wanted to teach them what it means to overcome their fears.



Follow Leddy Harper


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore