Sunday, April 16, 2017

Weekly Wrap-Up 4-16-17

Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.


mailboxes
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
this WEEK ON THE BLOG
  • Book Tour - Cat Got Your Cash by Julie Chase
  • Feature & Follow Friday
  • 5 Things on Sunday
  • book reviews
BOOKS IN MY MAILBOX
For Review
LIFE UPDATE
Happy Easter everyone!  I hope you all enjoy your day.  We're going to dye eggs and then have a family dinner later this evening.  And of course the kids are going to get their Easter baskets from me the Easter Bunny.  ;)


We did some fun things with the boys this week.  On Tuesday, my husband took Chris and Logan to dinner with the Easter Bunny at Chick-fil-a since I had to work.  I hate that I missed it, but I don't get very many hours at my job so I have to take everything I can get.  I'm glad I at least got to see the pictures from it though.  After eating their meal, Chris and Logan got to take a picture with the Easter Bunny and of course the Chick-fil-a cow was there also.  :)  


We also took the boys to an Easter celebration at my dad's church.  They had a meal and then we did some crafts.  The kids did a craft on their own, dying eggs.  Then they had a craft we could do together as a family.  We made a resurrection garden, which I thought was really neat.  I love how it turned out.  (Don't mind my son's handwriting lol)  


Wednesday night we took the boys to an egg hunt at a church up the road from our house.  We had never been there before but everyone there was really nice.  We found out later that they have kid's church every Wednesday night, so we're going to go back next week to let Chris and Logan check it out and see if they like it.  

I had a super proud blogger moment this week.  I'm always a little self conscious about my reviews.  I try my best to make sure that the reviews that I write are helpful to the author in letting them know what I liked about their book and also helpful to readers in helping them decide if a book is for them or not.  There are really only so many different ways to say that I liked a book and sometimes I feel like I'm just repeating myself.  This week though, one of my favorite authors sent out a newsletter and towards the bottom, she included snippets from early reviews of her upcoming release.  Guess whose review had a snippet included in the newsletter?  Mine!  I thought that was so cool that she posted part of my review in her newsletter.  <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore