Saturday, May 27, 2017

*My To-Be-Read List Review* Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

15717943


Synopsis:
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


My Review:
5 out of 5 stars
★★★★★

I've heard a lot that it is best to go into Colleen's books blind, so that's what I did. I went into this book completely not knowing what to expect. I wasn't sure what to expect while reading this book, but wow. I went on one hell of an emotional roller coaster. I don't think I've ever had so many conflicting feelings all at once about a book before. There were parts of this book that I absolutely hated and there were parts that I loved so much.

I'm still wrapping my head around everything that happened to Sky. She went through some terrible, horrible, unspeakable, heartbreaking things that no one should ever have to endure. I am so proud of Sky though for her journey throughout the book and growing as a person and ultimately starting to heal.

I was torn back and forth about Holder for a while. I wasn't sure how I felt about him at first and some of the behaviors that he displayed were really confusing. Once everything started to come together though and answers were revealed, everything made sense. I love Holder and am so glad that he was there for Sky. He's exactly who she needed to be able to get through everything.

Even though this book deals with some difficult topics and some parts were really hard to read and get through, I'm still glad I read it. I'm also glad I read the book blind, going into it without knowing anything about it. I think that just makes the experience of reading a Colleen Hoover book that much better.



Book Links:
Goodreads
Amazon

Author Links:
Website
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore