Saturday, May 27, 2017

*Review* Sew Deadly by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

6684180


Synopsis:
Ever since she moved to Sweet Briar, South Carolina, Yankee librarian Tori Sinclair has been the talk of the tiny town. But she's been so busy at work, winning over the sewing circle, and trying to forget her cheating ex that she hasn't even had time to baste together a pillow, let alone mind local gossip. Then she finds the hometown sweetheart dead at her back door...

Everyone believes the police investigator, who's just fixin' to link Tori to the murder in a love triangle gone bad. To clear her name, Tori will have to rely on her new sewing sisters and stitch together the truth- or be darned.


My Review:
3 out of 5 stars
★★★☆☆

I'm a little torn about this book.  All in all, I enjoyed the book, but there were also some things that bothered me about it as well.

The mystery in this book is definitely well written.  I loved that there were so many different things going on at once.  It kept my mind spinning and my attention on the story.  I read the book quickly because I wanted to find out how everything would turn out.  Just as I thought I had a lock on who was trying to sabtoge Tori and who was behind the murder, my suspicion would shift to someone else.  In the end, the people behind both acts completely caught me off guard.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  

I enjoyed most of the characters and was glad to see that some of them had a change of heart in their behavior towards Tori.  I'm interested to see where things go with Tori and Milo in the next book.  Little Lulu captured my heart.  

In regards to what bothered me, I was a little put off with some of the character's behavior toward Tori just because she was new to their town.  When you think of southern hospitality, you don't really think of people being mean or hateful, so that bothered me a little bit.  I also wish there had been a little bit more sleuthing done.  It seemed like the bulk of it happened at the end of the book.  I also wish the confrontation and the fall out with the killer hadn't been "behind the scenes".  I would have liked to see that play out.  

Overall though I enjoyed the book and will definitely be reading the next books in the series.  I'm interested to see what will happen next.  


Book Links:


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore