Monday, June 5, 2017

*Review* The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

28186


Synopsis:
The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.


My Review:
4 out of 5 stars
★★★★☆

I have been sucked into the world these characters live in and am now completely hooked.  I read this book in two sittings.  There is always something happening, whether it be good or bad, and it keeps your attention on the book.  The pace is fast and you can feel the suspense of everything going on as if you were there yourself.  The glaringly obvious bad situations (if it seems too good to be true, it more than likely is) these kids get themselves into is really frustrating at times, but I keep reminding myself they are really young.  

I've really grown to like these characters (even Clarisse) and can't wait to see where the next book takes them.  I didn't see that ending coming at all and it literally gave me shivers.  Wow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore