Friday, May 20, 2016

*Review* Damaged Pieces by Allie Able



27847606

Damaged Pieces
Cape Isle series, book 2



Synopsis:
“When something is damaged or broken, the pieces can be put back together, but they will never be the same.” 

KATIE: When I was left to raise my daughter alone, I decided dating just wasn't worth it. I never wanted my daughter to experience the kind of heartbreak only a man can give you and I didn't have the time, until Nicholas Sinclaire came walking into my life with his charming smile and his mischievous eyes. I just wish I would have known how it was going to end. 

NICK: I knew she was it for me the moment I met her, but I had to leave. I had one more tour to do overseas and then I could come home to her for good. Little did we know, I wouldn't come back the same man. I was damaged beyond repair, so I pushed them away and hurt them. It didn't take me long to realize the mistake I had made. Now, I will stop at nothing to get them back in my life, but will Katie want my Damaged Pieces?



My Review: 

4 out of 5 stars
★★★★☆

I finished this book in less than 24 hours. It sucked me in from the very first page and took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I laughed, I cried several times, I was frustrated, and I swooned.  I loved seeing Nick and Katie's feelings for each other develop during the time they spent together before he had to leave to go overseas.  It was heartbreaking to see Nick struggle so badly with what happened to him when he was in Iraq and pushing everyone away.  He was really frustrating at times but I understand why he reacted the way he did.  I loved that the couple from the first book was included in this one and I was able to catch up with what was going on with them.  I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next one in the series! 





Here are some places you can find Allie Able 
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Amazon
Goodreads 
and on her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore