Friday, June 17, 2016

*Interview* with author Molly E. Lee




Author Interview with Molly E. Lee



1. What are you working on right now?
I'm working on book three in the Love on the Edge series. A new couple, new setting, and new dangers! I'm deep into the editing stage or I'd tell you more about it. 


2. Tell us about your writing process. 
Since I have two toddlers, the writing process starts after bedtime and continues on well into the late hours of the night.  I jump between plotting novels and simply writing blind, and they've both worked for me, so I can't say I prefer one over the other.  


3. Who was your favorite character to write?  Who was the hardest to write? 
I think Rain, from East of Redemption was my favorite character to write so far.  She's just such a strong, compassionate woman who knows what she wants and doesn't apologize for it.  She's so wonderful with Easton, even when she had the right to be awful toward him, and I loved that she rose above that route when even I couldn't understand how she managed it.  

Hardest to write has for sure been Justin from Edge of Chaos.  He's a complex character, a bad boy that isn't the kind you swoon over, but fear and pity and somehow wish you could help bring him back to sanity.  Getting inside his head is a dark process. 


4.  Do you write full-time or do you have another job? 
I'm a mom first and then I write.  I also do freelance work with CornerstonesUS as an editor. 


5.  What do you like to do in your spare time?
What spare time? LOL Two toddlers keep me super busy, and when I'm not being a mom, I'm writing or reading or plotting or editing. If I do force myself to take down time, it's usually watching an episode of something on Netflix or the latest Marvel movie!


6. Do you have any favorite TV shows?
WALKING DEAD


7. What's your guilty pleasure?
I love binge watching cooking shows like Chopped or MasterChef...it's a totally guilty pleasure that doesn't have anything to do with my work, but it inspires me to be more creative when cooking...which is something I love to do as well.


8. Who are your favorite authors?
This question is so hard because I have so many! JK Rowling, Kimberly Derting, Cassandra Clare, Cora Carmack, Rebecca Yarros...it could go on and on and on.


9. If your books were made into movies, who would you cast to play your characters?
For EDGE OF CHAOS I pictured Dash as a young Leonardo Dicaprio and Blake as a Phoebe Tonkin!
For EAST OF REDEMPTION I envisioned Easton as Chris Pratt and Rain as Anna Faris!


10. What was your last 5 star read?
Bring Me Back by Micalea Smeltzer



**************************************


Thank you Molly Lee for taking the time to answer these questions for us. 

Stop by Bookworm Mom on Facebook to check out the sale post for Molly Lee's second book in the Love on Edge series, East of Redemption (also FREE on Kindle Unlimited)! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore