Tuesday, July 25, 2017

*Review* Checkmate: This is War by Kennedy Fox

31946442


Synopsis:
Travis King is the worst kind of asshole.
He taunts me for being a good girl and mocks my high standards.
He’s cruel, crass, and has enough confidence to last two lifetimes.
And I hate him.

It wouldn’t matter so much if he were avoidable.
But considering he’s my older brother’s best friend and roommate, I see him more than I’d ever want to.
His sculpted abs and gorgeous eyes are a waste on such an egotistical man, which makes me hate him even more.
Even though I’ve had a crush on him since I was ten, the feelings weren’t mutual and he’s always made that very clear.
He’s always loved getting under my skin and one night against my better judgment, I let him in my bed.
I’ve succumbed to his manwhore ways, but that doesn’t change a thing.
Because the King is about to get played at his own game—and lose.
Checkmate.
 


My Review:
2 out of 5 stars
★★☆☆☆

I picked this book up after seeing a recommendation from a fellow blogger.  Unfortunately, this book just was not for me.  I made it about halfway through the book before I started skimming to see if things would get any better.  That really made me sad since I enjoy a good enemies-to-lovers story.  

Viola and Travis were incredibly immature.  With Travis being 24 and Viola being 22, I expected a little more from these two characters.  The horrible, nasty things they said to each other as well as the games they were playing with each other really just started to get old after a while.  I didn't feel like I was reading about two adults.  The back and forth insult flying felt more like teenage behavior and I was just put off by it.  

I enjoyed the parts that featured Viola's brother Drew and her friend Courtney.  I won't be reading the next book about Viola and Travis, but I'm interested enough in the other characters that I might read their book later on.  


Book Links:

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore