Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Best of the Bunch - May 2017


I finally got back into my reading groove and read 10 books this month, plus a couple novellas.  Out of everything that I read this month, my favorite goes to #Poser by Cambria Hebert.


From Goodreads:
Posers gonna pose 

I am a man who had nothing, but found everything.
I'll never go back to nothing ever again.
I vowed to protect her, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do.
The pictures I stumbled upon haunt me still, the secret I shoulder is heavy.
They say secrets put distance between two people, but the truth is far more destructive than keeping it will ever be.
I won't ever tell. She can't ever know.
When I look in the mirror my reflection is of who I'm afraid I'll become and not the man I am.
It makes me feel like a poser, no better than all the others pretending to be exactly who they aren't.
How does a man keep it together when everything is unraveling right here in his hands?
I didn't start any of this.
I never asked for it.
But it came knocking at my door.
When secrets and threats knock, I don't hide.
I open the door.
Because the best way to take down a poser is to be one.


My Review:
5 out of 5 stars

Wow! These books just keep getting better and better. I've enjoyed watching these characters grow throughout this series and am looking forward to where the next story will take them. 

I'm going to be honest, there were parts of this book that were extremely difficult to read. If you've read the previous books, you know what happened to Ivy. My heart broke for her while she struggled internally. I can't even begin to imagine going through something like that. I also had a little trouble with the decision Braeden made, but ultimately I understand why he decided what he did. 

Zack's POV in this book took me completely by surprise. I wasn't expecting that. It wasn't easy being inside his head and there were times that he actually made my skin crawl and my stomach lurch. Honestly, I don't believe Missy is much better than Zack, either. I don't think I have ever hated two characters as much as I hate those two. 

I loved getting little glimpses of Romeo and Rimmel. I am so proud of Braeden and Ivy for sticking together and fighting to get through the tough times instead of letting it tear them apart. You can feel the love they have for each other coming up from the pages and it is so sweet to read. The same can be said for Romeo and Rimmel. Those two couples have such strong love for each other. 

While this book dealt with some difficult topics, there is also so much love, loyalty, friendship, and sense of family. You really feel like you know these people and like you are a part of their tribe.


Book Links:


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs
Graphic by Giftseasonstore